Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Yaw Really Homeschooling Or Nah? - Philly's 7th Ward

Yaw Really Homeschooling Or Nah? - Philly's 7th Ward

YAW REALLY HOMESCHOOLING OR NAH?


Before we get into today’s piece, let’s get a few things clear from the top:
  1. My wife and I have five… yes, one, two, three, four, five… kids at home with us right now. They range from 9 to 17, but frankly that doesn’t matter*. There are five of them. Our lives weren’t set up for them being here all the time. (*After further review, it does matter. I was just sharing with a friend about the joys of being past diaper days. So yeah, I may have a slight advantage here with my older kids. Still, my professional skills are aligned with teaching college students. This is not that.)
  2. I’m starting this draft at 1:15pm Weds afternoon on my lunch break from my 9–5 (which now consists of Zoom meetings and emails from my sofa). My kids would / should be in someone’s classroom right now, not in the process of eating up all of my food.
  3. I’m writing this entry to think out loud about what I’m going to do with CONTINUE READING: Yaw Really Homeschooling Or Nah? - Philly's 7th Ward