Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 20, 2020

Trumpsters are Furious Over My Refusal to Sacrifice Students to the Economy | gadflyonthewallblog

Trumpsters are Furious Over My Refusal to Sacrifice Students to the Economy | gadflyonthewallblog

Trumpsters are Furious Over My Refusal to Sacrifice Students to the Economy


You can’t make this stuff up!
I published an article yesterday on my blog with the title “You Can’t Have My Students’ Lives to Restart Your Economy.” 
In it, I criticized Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil and a Walton Family Foundation advisor who lambasted social distancing efforts as a response to the Coronavirus global pandemic, especially here in the United States. To varying degrees, they each thought it was acceptable to sacrifice children’s safety by reopening schools early if it would get businesses back up and running again.
I think that’s beyond ridiculous.
Here’s an excerpt:
The rich need the poor to get back to work. And they’re willing to put our lives on the line to do it.