Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 13, 2020

Russ on Reading: Celebrating Poetry Month: Poems From the School Hallways

Russ on Reading: Celebrating Poetry Month: Poems From the School Hallways

Celebrating Poetry Month: Poems From the School Hallways


Once more in honor of April being Poetry Month, here are three poems that all derived from incidents I observed during my more than 50 years in school hallways. Those hallways always seemed a beehive of activity to me. I try to capture some of that here.

These poems are from my book, There's a Giant in My Classroom, Infinity Press, 2013. Please feel to copy and use for classroom and instructional purposes.




Becky’s Hopping, Hopping, Hopping Down the Hall CONTINUE READING: Russ on Reading: Celebrating Poetry Month: Poems From the School Hallways