Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 6, 2019

"Flexible" | Blue Cereal Education

"Flexible" | Blue Cereal Education

"Flexible"

The Offer
Several years ago, I was asked by a major edu-organization for whom I did some work to lead a week-long training in Jordan. Like, the country. In the Middle East. Far away. 
The workshop was for no less than the King’s Academy – a prestigious boarding school founded and regularly visited by, you know... the KING. Like, of Jordan. The country. In the Middle East. Far Away. 
Of course I said yes, and it turned out to an amazing experience in more ways than I’ll attempt to recount here. There was, however, something that confused me. 
I’m pretty good at the teacher workshop thing. I could fake some basic humility about it, but it would be disingenuous and – unless you’re new to the blog – you’d never buy it. 
What I’m not always successful at is making people in power happy with me. While I liked to think I carried some notoriety in my little corner of the world, I was hardly the first name that should have come to mind when someone in Manhattan said, “We have a chance to make a strong first impression and promote our rather uptight branding in a potentially lucrative foreign market – whom shall we send forth?”
How I was even on that particular list?
The Question
I kept wondering, so I called my primary contact at the all-seeing acorn and asked. Of CONTINUE READING: "Flexible" | Blue Cereal Education