Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 21, 2019

SADNESS IN SEATTLE: Seattle Schools Community Forum: Yes, I'm Leaving

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Yes, I'm Leaving

Yes, I'm Leaving




Some of you might have seen the Board meeting or even been there but others might have heard through the grapevine.

I am leaving Seattle and thus ends this blog as it currently is focused.  It will likely close after Thanksgiving unless there was some breaking news that I think important for readers to be able to talk about and discuss.

I want to get settled in my home before I decide whether to revamp it into place to discuss, in depth, higher level public education issue.

I had been considering this move for some time and my exit reasons are personal.   I can say that while I do love Seattle, I find today's Seattle frantic and unsettled.  Maybe it is just a reflection of our national disquietude matched with ennui about what to do with ourselves.

It makes me think of Moonstruck when Nicholas Cage's character can't stop professing his love for Cher's character and she slaps him across the face and says, "Snap out of it!"  I wish there were that magic wand that might make us all be Americans rather than factions upon factions.

But I digress.

I have many people I want to thank but that will be another post.

But naturally, I have to thank you, the readers of this little blog that could.  You have challenged me, kept me on my toes, some have been informers (thanks!), with a few pests.

I do appreciate all the kind words of appreciation that you have sent my way as of late.

I cannot offer you more than be in good health, watch over and love your children and please, please, continue to support public education.  It is the backbone of this democracy.



Seattle Schools Community Forum: Yes, I'm Leaving