Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 26, 2019

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007




Ed Tech Digest

Six years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2019 – PART ONE , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . You might also w
A Look Back: 2019’s Best Posts From This Blog – Part One

Each year, I re-post my favorite blog posts, and then collect the links into one. This post is for my favorites from the first six months of 2019. You can see my choices for each of the past ten years here. And you can also see a list of my My All-Time Favorite Posts! I’ve also been highlighting some of the “best-of-the-best” in the “A Look Back” series. Here are My Favorite Posts In 2019 — Part
A Look Back: The Best “Best” Lists Of 2019 – Part One

This blog has recently gained many new readers. Because of that, I thought it might be worth sharing a “A Look Back” where I periodically share my choices for the most important posts from the past twelve years. You can also see all of my choices for “Best” posts here . geralt / Pixabay I publish a lot of “Best” lists. You can see all 2100 of them here . Are my choices for the “Best of the best”

YESTERDAY

The Best Resources For Learning About Protests Against The Telescope In Hawaii

Andrew-Art / Pixabay You may have seen recent media attention to protests by Native Hawaiians against a decision to build a telescope there. I thought it was definitely worth a “Best” list, especially with the The International Day Of The World’s Indigenous People coming up. I’ll be adding this list to The Best Sites For International Day Of The World’s Indigenous People . You might also be inter
Just Sent-Out Free Monthly Email Newsletter

geralt / Pixabay I’ve just mailed out the August issue of my very simple free monthly email newsletter . It has over 3,000 subscribers, and you can subscribe here . Of course, you can also join the eighteen thousand others who subscribe to this blog daily. Here Are 8 Ways You Can Subscribe For Free…
“They Shouldn’t Have to, But What Are Ways Teachers Can Raise Private Money for Their Classroom?”

They Shouldn’t Have to, But What Are Ways Teachers Can Raise Private Money for Their Classroom? is the new question-of-the-week at my Education Week Teacher column. Feel free to leave responses in the comments here or there…
Pins Of The Week

I’m fairly active on Pinterest and, in fact, have curated 18,000 resources there that I haven’t shared on this blog. I thought readers might find it useful if I began sharing a handful of my most recent “pins” each week (I’m not sure if you can see them through an RSS Reader – you might have to click through to the original post). You might also be interested in My Seven Most Popular Pins In 2018
NY Times Video: “How Walls Ended Up Along the U.S.-Mexico Border”

849356 / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from The NY Times to The Best Sites To Learn About Walls That Separate Us :
New TED-Ed Lesson & Video: “A brief history of cannibalism”

Clker-Free-Vector-Images / Pixabay TED-Ed has just published a lesson and video on cannibalism that will likely be high-interest in secondary classrooms:
My Favorite Posts That Appeared In July

I regularly highlight my picks for the most useful posts for each month — not including “The Best…” lists. I also use some of them in a more extensive monthly newsletter I send-out. You can see older Best Posts of the Month at Websites Of The Month (more recent lists can be found here ). You can also see my all-time favorites here . I’ve also been doing “A Look Back” series reviewing old favorite
July’s “Best” Lists – There Are Now 2,061 Of Them!

Here’s my regular round-up of new “The Best…” lists I posted this month (you can see all 2,061 of them categorized here ): THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE THE BEST SCIENCE SITES OF 2019 – PART ONE THE BEST COLLECTIONS OF DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES’ POLICY POSITIONS THE BEST ARTICLES (& BLOG POSTS) OFFERING PRACTICAL ADVICE & RESOURCES TO T
July’s Most Popular Posts From This Blog

As regular readers know, at the end of each week I share the five most popular posts from the previous seven days. I thought people might find it interesting to see a list of the ten most popular posts from the previous thirty days. You might 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007