Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 21, 2018

I Voted for Jill Stein. Was I Wrong? | gadflyonthewallblog

I Voted for Jill Stein. Was I Wrong? | gadflyonthewallblog

I Voted for Jill Stein. Was I Wrong?


On November 8, 2016, I had a heart attack.
That’s not a metaphor.
I went to vote. I went to the doctor. I was sent to the hospital.
How much of that was a result of the Presidential election? I will never know.
But whenever I think back on that day, I am filled with a sense of bone-deep sadness.
After only a little more than a year in office, Donald Trump is already the worst President of my lifetime – and that’s saying something after the disaster that was George W. Bush.
I wish there is something I could do to go back in time and change the results of that day. I wish there was something I could do to stop Donald Trump from being elected President. And though I did not vote for her, I would do anything to have Hillary Clinton defeat him.
On that day, though, I voted for Jill Stein.
jill-stein-green-placard
There’s nothing I can do about that now.
I imagine going back in time and telling myself not to do it. “Go vote for Hillary,” I imagine Future Me telling Continue Reading: I Voted for Jill Stein. Was I Wrong? | gadflyonthewallblog