Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Badass Teachers Association: The School Years Fly By Like Months by Dr. Michael Flanagan

Badass Teachers Association: The School Years Fly By Like Months by Dr. Michael Flanagan:

The School Years Fly By Like Months by Dr. Michael Flanagan



This week concludes my 31st year in education.

It seems the school years fly by like months, each one faster than the last.

I blink and another year has gone.

Teachers crawl to summer break, and question if we are making a difference at all.

Pack away the books, rip down the bulletin board papers

Wonder how we can possibly do this another year.

Wasn’t it just September?

What could we have done better?

Next year I’ll do things differently

I will be stricter about the cell phones.

I’ll own that Danielson teacher evaluation

“Highly effective,”  here I come!

Or, maybe I will just continue being the best teacher I can be, rubrics be damned

Teachers scramble to find standardized exam scores