Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Rate My Teacher – Have You Heard

Rate My Teacher – Have You Heard:

Rate My Teacher


In the latest episode of Have You Heard, Jack Schneider and I have a spirited back-and-forth with none other than Michelle Rhee. Jack asks her if she’s ready to admit that evaluating teachers on the basis of their student test scores has been a bad idea. I channel Gary Rubinstein and ask Rhee if the teaching profession has suffered as a result of the policies she and her advocacy group, Students First, pushed across the country. And we talk about what’s next for education reform in the time of Trump. So what does Rhee have to say to our questions? Well, you’ll have to listen to find out! Or you can skip ahead and read the transcript.


Jennifer Berkshire:

Welcome to another edition of Have You Heard? I’m Jennifer Berkshire.

Jack Schneider:I’m Jack Schneider.

Berkshire:Jack, I think speak for America in asking the question, how exactly did you convince Michelle Rhee to be a guest on our podcast?

Schneider:That’s a really good question. I promised that you and I would both agree to be evaluated in an objective way, and that we would look at the data at the Rate My Teacher – Have You Heard: