Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I’m a Public School teacher. Hands Off My Trans Students! | gadflyonthewallblog

I’m a Public School teacher. Hands Off My Trans Students! | gadflyonthewallblog:

I’m a Public School teacher. Hands Off My Trans Students!

ct-transgender-students-met-20150425
I’m a public school teacher.
I have a lot of different girls and boys in my classes.
In fact, some of them are neither girls nor boys.
Does that mean they should be discriminated against? Does it mean we should judge them, tell them they’re somehow less valuable than the other kids? Tell them who they are by telling them where to pee?
Heck, No!
Some kids don’t feel comfortable with a traditional gender identity. And it’s more common than you’d think.
It’s certainly more widespread than I ever would have thought until a little girl taught me a lesson… well, not a little girl, really.
A few months ago, I would have said she’s the cutest little girl in the lunch line.I’m a Public School teacher. Hands Off My Trans Students! | gadflyonthewallblog: