Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Betsy DeVos and the Prince of darkness. | Fred Klonsky

Betsy DeVos and the Prince of darkness. | Fred Klonsky:

Betsy DeVos and the Prince of darkness. 

stanger-danger

Okay.
So the next Secretary of Education doesn’t know what the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is.
She thinks schools should have guns in case of Grizzley bears.
I have to admit that I found Al Franken’s gotcha on the debate over growth scores and competency a little confusing myself. I get that it showed that Betsy DeVos has little knowledge of school jargon. But, I mean, what was the past administration’s position on this alleged debate?
Given the time allotted, the Committee’s Democrats did the best they could to undermine the inevitable Secretary of Education.
I found myself wondering: Where was this sharp grilling when Arne DuncanBetsy DeVos and the Prince of darkness. | Fred Klonsky: