Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 5, 2016

Blaming teachers. I am a “negative demographic change.” I ain’t dead yet. | Fred Klonsky

Blaming teachers. I am a “negative demographic change.” I ain’t dead yet. | Fred Klonsky:

Blaming teachers. I am a “negative demographic change.” I ain’t dead yet

15337465_10155508525017067_7458241118769499052_n


Standing among the Chinese Terra Cotta Warriors at the Field Museum, created for the Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang, who died in 210 BCE. He’s dead and I’m not, making me a negative demographic change
I had some time on my hands this afternoon after coming back from seeing the amazing terra cotta warriors from China at the Field museum.
Because of that extra time I got into a Twitter debate with some folks about teacher blaming and shaming.
Three of them blamed teachers for electing Trump. We were blamed on two counts: We don’t teach civics well enough.
And 1 in 5 teachers are estimated to have voted for Trump.