Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mother Crusader: My Kid Is Just Fine Thanks, She's Refusing The Test

Mother Crusader: My Kid Is Just Fine Thanks, She's Refusing The Test:

My Kid Is Just Fine Thanks, She's Refusing The Test


Rejoice, New Jersey! Spring is almost here! That magical time of year when the flowers bloom, the sun sets later, and the temperatures rise. But for public school children, it's also state-mandated testing time. That dreaded time of year when their vibrant schools wither into testing factories, the school day can't end fast enough, and parents, politicians, and pundits get hot under the collar debating the value of PARCC.

What better time to launch a pro-testing, astroturf social media campaign?

Everyone please give a resounding welcome to How Is My Kid Doing! These Gates funded Common Core astroturf cheerleaders, are doing a bang up job of setting all us misinformed parents straight

Why, just watch their teaser video!



From Carla, part of the How Is My Kid Doing team:


The love and the anxiety we have over these little beings. It makes you put blinders on, you know? I mean, people could say to me, if you wear a green hat on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, your kid will be spared from X, Y, and Z. I'd be like, OK, put on the green hat, as silly as it makes me look, I'll do it!
This may be the most preposterous pro-testing argument ever to be uttered, let alone recorded and promoted. 

Imagine Bill Gates's disappointment that this is best the Council for a Strong America could do with the $2.2 million he gave them to "educate and engage stakeholders about the Common Core." Here's how they describe their campaign:


How is My Kid Doing is an interactive video project that creates a parent-to-parent dialogue on the issue of well-designed, limited testing to measure and assess our children’s readiness for real life. The project talks with parents from across the country and discusses challenges and growth experienced 
Mother Crusader: My Kid Is Just Fine Thanks, She's Refusing The Test: