Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 21, 2016

A better way in educaton | Seattle Education

A better way in educaton | Seattle Education:

A better way in educaton

My daughter is beginning to focus on the education of her future child and my first grandchild.
She wrote the following post on her personal blog and I want to share it with my readers today.
        Applying to homeschool what I loved from my childhood education

willowbrook4
One of my old classrooms
“I do not miss childhood, but I miss the way I took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. I could not control the world I was in, could not walk away from things or people or moments that hurt, but I took joy in the things that made me happy.” — The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
I spent my elementary schooling, from nursery school through the sixth grade, at a brilliant place in Laguna Beach, California called Anneliese’s School. Founded by Anneliese Schimmelpfennig, one of the most kind and compassionate people I’ve ever met, the school operates on a system of values centralized around self-discipline and self-motivation, respect, curiosity, freedom, and love. This school was the best thing about my childhood! (Good choice, mom!) I credit the education I received there with my love for learning and my desire to learn as much about the world as I can, and to give that knowledge to the next generation.
Like a fairy tale, the school inhabits the beautiful, hand-painted architecture of an old A better way in educaton | Seattle Education: