Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Opt-In Letter | lacetothetop

The Opt-In Letter | lacetothetop:

The Opt-In Letter



 Dear Teacher,

Take this damn letter and make damn sure that my child, _________, will opt-in to unlimited, rigorous testing. 
After reading Newsday, I know the only way to receive a high quality education is through more testing. Teachers, like you, are the morons who created the so-called “opt-out movement” to meet your union’s demands to keep teachers unaccountable. I trust 18 hours of testing will benefit my child more than 180 days of your “teaching.”
High stakes state tests will ensure my _____ year old is college and career ready. If someone takes something from my child, I’m going to grab it right back out of their cold, twisted, sick hands and say it is his! You do not take what is his! And then I’ll punch them in the face and kick them in the dirt because bubble tests matter.
I have attached all of my child’s data including report cards, medical records, gamer profile for XBox, as well as the Youtube videos he recorded while playing Minecraft. Bill Gates only asked for 10 years of my child’s life. Let’s give him the full 30 and keep all that data safely stored by a reputable company such as, InBloom. If you’re not doing anything wrong, then you should have nothing to hide.
I fully subscribe to the methodology used by the New York State Education The Opt-In Letter | lacetothetop: