Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 6, 2015

On Personalized Learning, Mark Zuckerberg, and Makin’ it Rain | Save Maine Schools

On Personalized Learning, Mark Zuckerberg, and Makin’ it Rain | Save Maine Schools:

On Personalized Learning, Mark Zuckerberg, and Makin’ it Rain

84dc3c42964fffdbc3e077d129c48e21.jpg


ntly, I have written two letters to my former classmate, Mark Zuckerberg, to warn him of the dangers of his educational investment plans. Both letters were as polite and friendly as I could muster – especially given the circumstances – and I took care not to sound too accusatory in either of them.
But of course – despite the fact that Shakira and Melinda Gates got personal notes on his Facebook page a few days ago – I am still waiting on a response.
So, while I wait for an explanation as to why he believes investing in a purely experimental, corporate-invented and corporate-driven theory of learning that has no proven track record of success is a good idea, I thought I’d offer readers more information on why he is such a strong supporter of personalized learning.
To start, let me show you who else is promoting this model.