Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Time Is Now! BONNIE CUNARD MARGOLIN

BONNIE CUNARD MARGOLIN - Home:



BONNIE CUNARD MARGOLIN





Image result for BONNIE CUNARD MARGOLIN

BONNIE CUNARD MARGOLIN - Home:

The Time Is Now!

Vote Bonnie 
Cunard Margolin 
for 
TALC President !

The Time is Now !

I am running for President of the Teachers Association of Lee County because I believe we are in a critical time for our public schools. The time is NOW to stand up, activate and organize. The time is NOW to revitalize our union and stand up to these relentless attacks on public education. The time is NOW to recognize that our teachers’ union is an important force in our nation and we must work together to improve our schools, defend our communities, and protect our democracy!

I am ready to be your next TALC President. I have heard your concerns about class size and excessive testing. I have heard your concerns about family health insurance costs and inadequate pay raises. I have heard your concerns about the lack of curricular materials and training. I have even heard the concerns of our coaches, who have waited too long for a fair supplement. Yes, I have heard you. For years, I have been listening and  fighting on behalf of teachers to restore sanity to our schools. It is time to return that energy to our union. As your TALC President
, I will stand up as a loud, strong voice for our teachers, fighting on the side of educators. I will work to empower Lee County teachers to regain their voice in our community. 

The Time Is NOW ! 


"Bonnie Cunard Margolin, a teacher and parent in the district, told board members that accountability is important, but should not be based on what she sees as excessive testing. "I think we all recognize that this current trend to test, test and retest our students by bubble, by essay, over and over each year, year after year, is not the answer," she said during the board meeting." 
~ Naples News, June 11, 2012