Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, September 26, 2014

9-26-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:






Pot.



A pension crisis since 1917? Eric Madiar, chief counsel to the Senate Democrats.
The World Champion 1917 Chicago White Sox. They wouldn’t win a world series again until 2005. - From Glen Brown’s Teacher/Musician/Poet. Attorney Eric Madiar is the chief counsel to Illinois Senate President John Cullerton. In this article he explains the long history of Illinois pension injustice, and why the current situation is not a sudden crisis. “Anyone following the pension-reform debate k

Comments on the IEA Retired/IRTA letter.
The discussion is on-going regarding the IEA Retired letter sent to members that directed sharp criticism of the IRTA. IEA – Retired Chair Janet Kilgus did respond to me. The email expressed her principled disagreement with me. It was friendly, but I was not sure it was meant for posting, so out of respect to Janet, I have not shared it. Here are other comments:   Fred, I too am concerned with the

A letter to IEA Retired. No circular firing squads.
Dear Janet, I am writing this to you in your position of IEA Retired Chair. Yesterday, as chapter president of the Skokie Organization of Retired Educators IEA Retired I was asked to send out a letter to our members signed by you, vice chair Jim Duffy and Bob Haisman. To my knowledge, Bob Haisman holds no elected position in our organization. The letter attacks the Illinois Retired Teachers Associ

9-25-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Petcoke, the Koch brothers and the 10th Ward.Susan Sadlowski Garza talks to her neighbors at last night’s meet-and-greet in the 10th Ward. I took a drive to the 10th Ward last night. I could have taken the Dan Ryan to the Skyway and gotten off just before Indiana. But I took my old route. South Lakesh