Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 24, 2014

If You Thought I Was Perfect, You Weren’t Paying Attention | Connected Principals

If You Thought I Was Perfect, You Weren’t Paying Attention | Connected Principals:



If You Thought I Was Perfect, You Weren’t Paying Attention

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 7.27.42 PM
Did you know that great teachers feel slightly disappointed and somewhat unappreciated with a perfect evaluation? Take a look at the following quotes.
“I want to be better. Telling me how great the lesson was does not help me to grow. I want student and teacher growth.” – Janice Cizek
“I never got any constructive criticism except to make my plan book easier to read. I begged for real feedback.” -Larry Fliegelman
“During my first year, I had two perfect evals… sort of wanted something on there to improve on.” – Phillip Whitelaw
“I need to know a weakness. No feedback = lack of attention, if you ask me.” – Brian Bennett
“I want honest feedback. I want to be given extra ideas and ways to take it further, angles I haven’t thought of myself.” – Pernille Ripp
“If you thought I was perfect, you weren’t paying attention.” -Elizabeth Nelson
Did you know what’s happening in the classroom differs between a good principal and a great principal. A good principal spends time at the back of the room focusing on teaching. A great principal spends valuable time in the center of the learning focusing on students. Take a look at the following chart. Review each principal’s notes taken during the same If You Thought I Was Perfect, You Weren’t Paying Attention | Connected Principals: