Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 5, 2014

6-5-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum

Seattle Schools Community Forum:







Math Adoption: Thoughts and Analysis

Good morning.   That was quite an evening (and I even got to leave as the Board continue to slog through the lengthy agenda).   I'll try to have another thread about other items I heard about at last night's meeting.As I go thru this thread, some of these thoughts will sound familiar as I quickly went thru the 11(?) threads I wrote for the comments.  Some of these thoughts are your thoughts and I


6-4-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Math Adoption - The Staff Strikes BackReviewing the updated agenda for tomorrow night's Board meeting, it looks like staff have been burning the midnight oil.First, the speakers list is full with nine people on the waitlist.  The overwhelming number of comments are to be about the math adoption.Next, on the K-5 Math Instructional Materials Adoption, there are many