Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 28, 2014

4-28-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






This Week In Web 2.0
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth blogging about, I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2013). I also sometimes include tech tools that might not exactly fit the definition of Web 2.0: Appear.in seems like a super-simple video conferencing site fo

Class Activity: Setting A Goal For The Last Six Weeks Of School
I’ve written in my books and here on this blog about student goal-setting lessons and activities (see The Best Posts On Students Setting Goals). I’ve previously written about my typical end-of-year goal-setting activities and how students announce and publicly display them (along with research supporting that strategy). I decided to put a couple of different twists on it this year. I had students


Using Dance To Teach English Is Topic Of My Latest NY Times Post
My latest New York Times post for English Language Learners is focused on dance as a language-learning activity. It includes a new type of student interactive, as well as teaching ideas. You can access all my many NY Times posts here.

4-27-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELLI’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: Lizzie Pinard recounts a question/answer session with Sugatra Mitra at a recent language conference in this post. I’m ad