Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 7, 2014

3-7-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:









This Week In Web 2.0
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth , I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2013): Quizlet for learners: a step-by-step guide is by Lizzie Pinnard, and is excellent. Quizlet is on The Best Tools To Make Online Flashcards list, so I’m adding this lin
Several Excellent New Posts & Articles On Assessment
Over the past two weeks, I’ve seen several exceptional posts and articles on teacher and student assessment, and thought I’d bring them all together in one post. I’ll be sharing to which “Best” list I’ll be adding each one, but you can also find all my lists on assessment at A Collection Of “The Best” Lists On Assessment. I’ve got to start off with a series of exceptional posts on assessment that


Today’s “Frazz” Comic Strip: “Why Did You Become A Teacher?”
If you’re reading this on an RSS Reader, you may have to click through to see the comic:

YESTERDAY

This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Good Posts & Articles On Education Policy
Judge denies motion to dismiss lawsuit challenging teacher job protections is from Ed Source. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On California Court Case Attacking Teacher’s Rights. Former superintendent backs tenure, layoff laws as defense opens in ‘Vergara’ lawsuit is also from Ed Source. I’m adding it to the same list. A Small Request for My Friends at Gates is by Rick Hess. I’m adding it to
3-6-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: “The Story Behind the SAT Overhaul”The Story Behind the SAT Overhaul is a very interesting piece in this week’s New York Times Magazine. Here’s an excerpt: Still, Coleman concedes that the redesigned SAT won’t quiet everyone’s complaints, and he doesn’t expect there to be a universal celebration of what they’ve done. You ca