Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 10, 2014

3-10-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:






Holy hell, my God almighty?!? AFT turns away Gates money? Outstanding.
Check out this article from Politico while I step outside to see if hell is frozen over. To wit: Weingarten said she didn’t believe Gates funding influenced the Innovation Fund’s direction, but still had to sever the relationship. “I got convinced by the level of distrust I was seeing — not simply on Twitter, but […]

Common Core: Why Money Trumps Evidence
Common Core: Why Money Trumps Evidence. via Common Core: Why Money Trumps Evidence.

A User-friendly Tutorial on IRS 990s

One of the panel discussions in which I participated at the first annual Network for Public Education (NPE) conference was on investigative journalism. I chose to use my twelve minutes to only touch the surface on using IRS 990s (the tax forms for nonprofit organizations) as a research tool. In this post, I would like […]
3-9-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Teaching Students, Missionary Zeal, and the Cult of PersonalityTeaching Students, Missionary Zeal, and the Cult of Personality. via Teaching Students, Missionary Zeal, and the Cult of Personality.by plthomasedd / 3min All Week 3-8-14 @ THE CHALK FACE@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE Predatory Reform Strikes Again: Kahn Academy and College BoardKahn