Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2-5-14 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:








Teachers Unite Sat. Feb 8: Restorative Justice and Teacher Unions: What are the connections?
I believe in the Restorative Justice model as an alternative to discipline models in schools. Teachers Unite is showing it can work.People accuse me of living in a dream world - I've never supported suspending kids or placing all the blame on kids for problems in schools. You know the argument -- "if I could just get rid of the scumbags, as one teacher" recently told me. I'm not interest


The Battle for NYSUT: Iannuzzi was made in 2005 and unmade in 2014 - By the same people
It's like they just found any warm body to run for president of a 600,000 member union... NYSUT member on Karen Magee...it’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance for any one of NYSUT’s nearly half-million members to make a leadership run. Oh, except the endorsement of NYSUT’s dominant internal caucus has already gone to sitting vice president Richard Iannuzzi, ensuring his election. Better luck in 2037! ..




2-4-14 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Change the Stakes' Fred Smith Infiltrates Super Bowl Press Box, Little Mermaid and MOREDuring NY Jet games I text my fellow Jet fans "turning point" -- usually with the Jets losing and often all too early in the game. Super Bowl night I texted "Turning Point" - after the first play.Saturday, at the MORE Than a Test Score awesome event organized by the amazing c