Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 23, 2014

2-23-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:











Fiction changed to informational text, #commoncore
This looks about right.
A lot of discussion about these “data walls” lately
The concept of the “data wall” has been gathering some attention lately, more so than normal. They’ve been with us, I don’t know, for a few years now.  To be honest, I don’t have much experience with them. I certainly don’t have one in my classroom, even though I was told I needed to have […]


All Week 2-22-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE Why Teach For America Cannot ChangeThis past Monday, the group Students United for Public Education (aka SUPE)–led by two amazing college students, Stephanie Rivera and Hannah Nguyen–organized a highly successful twitter storm using the hashtag #ResistTFA.  For a few hours, #ResistTFA became one of the top trending hashtags in the na