Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 16, 2014

2-16-14 Perdido Street School Week

Perdido Street School:









UFT Stands For - Utterly Failing Teachers

James Eterno posts that he received the following note from a teacher passing along an administrator's demands to the staff for Danielson walk-throughs:Dear Staff,Please note that I will be looking at the following in a walk through tomorrow.Please have these items labeled in a central location where I do not have to interrupt instruction.Student folderDisplay of work inside and outside of roomCom
 
2-15-14 Perdido Street School Week
Perdido Street School: Perdido Street School WeekDe Blasio Has His Work Cut Out For HimEverywhere I went today, I kept hearing variations on the same theme:De Blasio is an idiot.Heard it at Starbucks, heard it on the train, heard it in the elevator in my building, heard it at work - de Blasio is in over his head, we miss Bloomberg.In the past, I might have defended Mayor de Blasio and pointed out