Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 15, 2014

2-15-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week



With A Brooklyn Accent:

With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week








The Romance Is Gone From Predatory School Reform
Driving home from work today, I had an epiphany I wanted to share with you. And it is this. Even though terrible things are happening to teachers and students and families all over the nation, the Romance is gone from Predatory School Reform. It has been reduced to naked power, greed, and opportunism. And while this may bring little immediate relief to teachers having their pensions hijacked and t

FEB 13

Why NY Principals Founder Carol Burris sees the Ball/Zeldin Bill in the NY State Legislature as a Step Forward:
It is the closest thing to a true moratorium that I have seen and it will strike a huge blow against standardized testing and evaluating teachers by test scores. Here is why.It BANS the use of state tests for retention, placement, gifted programs...everything but AIS. That means that it will make it much easier for opt out and it will protect students.The tests have to be made public, which will d

FEB 09

Democracy at Risk in the Nation's Schools
Because current Education Policies were made without the consent or input of those who experience them on the ground- teachers, students, and parents- they only way they can be implemented is through an ugly dose on of fear and intimidation, first on the teachers required to teach according to their precepts, then on the students and families who have to adapt to them. Anyone who protests the poli

FEB 08

A Gates Foundation Dictatorships - A Response to My Video on "Common Core Stealth Standards"
"Letter I just got in response to what I said about Bill Gates in my "Common Core Stealth Standards" Speech ( now on youtube)Dear Mr. Naison,I apologize for contacting you at your Fordham email, but I just watched a youtube video of your talk about the Common Core Stealth Standards, and had something to share. I am hoping you won’t mind. In your talk, I felt the last year and a half

FEB 06

Guest Post by Art Believeau " I Used to Be a Good Teacher
Guest Post by Art Believeau" I Used to Be a Good Teacher"http://mrbchs.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-used-to-be-good-teacher.html.
Why the Left as Well as the Right Opposes Common Core- A Video
Why the Left as Well as the Right Opposes Common CoreA Speech to Parents in Peekskill NY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cl00sPWnY

FEB 03

The Badass Teachers Association "Evaluate That" Campaing Goes Viral
The Badass Teachers Association exploded last night on Facebook and Twitter with their #evaluatethat campaign. The idea came to the Facebook page via Georgia BAT Stephanie Lavender Weber who was staying the night with her students in school due to the snow storms that hit Atlanta last week. Stephanie proudly posted about staying with the students and taking care of them until their parents could c
Evaluate That!!!
I have students sleep over when they’re thrown out of the houseEvaluate That I give them money for carfare when they have no way to go homeEvaluate That I stand between them and a knife aimed at their chestEvaluate That I tell my students that I love them and remind them they’re the bestEvaluate ThatI tell them that they’re brilliant when their tears fall on the testEvaluate That#evaluatethat