Common Core Meeting Today 1/18/2014 in Lafayette

Posted on January 18, 2014

There is a Common Core meeting being held in Lafayette today as 12:30 at the Park Plaza, 201 Energy Parkway on the 3rd floor. This meeting is being hosted by Louisiana Parents Against Common Core.
You can contact them on Facebook or via e-mail for more information or to stay in touch regardless of whether you are able to make this event.
They are a good group of folks and they will be able to answer your questions and give you direction on what you can do in your community to fight Common Core.


Common Core Information Forum February 20th, 6PM
Please consider attending this event if you are curious about the reasons many folks are opposed to the Common Core State Standards initiative. Common Core is not just something that impacts public schools; most private schools have already adopted Common Core, have plans to, or will be forced to in the coming years. Many of the claims made by Common Core supporters will be addressed by this Forum
News Flash – John Mcdonogh reported to be closing at the end of this school year!
I’ve just gotten reports that John McDonogh, run by Future is Now and Steve Barr, is being closed at the end of the 2013-2014 school year. My source claims John White is reported to have notified the teachers at John Mcdonogh Thursday, January 16th. The following year John McDonogh is going to be closed for renovations that White had previously allocated 35 million dollars for, almost 2 years ago.

JAN 16

Progressive Voices, New Media: A Louisiana Social Media and Blogging Summit
Greetings my Crawfishalonians! Are any of you feeling despondent over not being able to meet me in person or hear me speak in front of real people instead of from behind a keyboard???? I know I am! Now may be your opportunity to change all that. . . Louisiana Progress decided to create an event featuring me as the star (of course), along with some other less famous folks you may have heard of

JAN 15

Savvy Squash reveals John White’s latest attempt to hide and under serve Special Education students and manipulate the Accountability system in defiance of federal ESEA waiver
Savvy Squash is back with a brand new Accountability invention. (Courtesy of John White.) My comments are in green and encapsulated in [braces]. [CCF] Crazy Crawfish has reported twice on LDOE’s insistence on circumventing accountability for special education students (Bobby Jindal and John White Decide to Experiment on Special Education Students & Louisiana Believes – SPED students should
Quick Note to Crawfish Followers
BESE voted on the agenda items I tried to inform you about ahead of time yesterday. Namely the large cash allotment from LDOE funds to be used to fight for the right of non-public voucher schools to discriminate based on race by fighting to overturn Brumfield V Dodd and the approval of the MFP taskforces recommendations. I have not seen the new formula and I did not get notification about these is

JAN 14

BESE meeting tomorrow 1/15/14 update (and some ideas I’ve been pondering)
Greetings my Crawfishian Minions.   No?   I feel like I should label my followers like all the cool kids are doing (but not in a way that gets us branded a gang like Insane Clown Posse followers the Juggalos) with something cool, and uh, “dittoheads” is taken (and not especially cool if you think about it), but sadly I think I may have missed the mark here as well. I guess I will keep trying.

JAN 09

inBloom and Data Mining: A Common Core Cousin
Reblogged from deutsch29: This week I posted this piece about a January 9, 2014, webinar promoting data mining-- a webinar with Gates money all over it. (Here is a briefer follow-up to the post.) The initial post had a record number of comments, some of which were made by an inBloom representative. The comments prompted me to further investigate some of the nuances of inBloom, including key fundi