Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 30, 2014

1-30-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:






The only education policy consideration that matters.
Every decision in education, whether it be made by: A classroom teacher, a principal, a district administrator, state or federal officials, corporate leaders or philanthropists, should apply the following consideration: “Would you want your own child to learn under this policy?”   Connect with Chris Cerrone on twitter: @Stoptesting15  


Response to Obama’s Early Childhood Education Plan

President Obama promised us something in his State of the Union address that I think is bad news for our kids.  Here is the excerpt, with my reply underneath: Race to the Top, with the help of governors from both parties, has helped states raise expectations and performance. Teachers and principals in schools from Tennessee […]




1-29-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: An Open Apology, with Explanations: Math, Behaviorism, and “Grit”While I haven’t really made any sort of public declaration, I have begun in 2014 to address in my public work something with which I have become more uncomfortable throughout 2013: The antagonism in the education reform debate. Thus, I want to address a series of tensions that have been created by recent blogs of […