Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

NYC Educator: It's Just A Little Early to Give Up on Bill de Blasio

NYC Educator: It's Just A Little Early to Give Up on Bill de Blasio:

It's Just A Little Early to Give Up on Bill de Blasio

I keep reading all over my social media haunts that de Blasio has sold us out, that he's going to appoint a reformy Chancellor, and that he's no different from Bloomberg. There's not a whole lot of basis for this yet, other than speculation on who he's spoken with.

I know he just appointed someone from Goldman Sachs to be in charge of something. She wouldn't have been my first pick. But let's see what she does.

I read all the crap in the reformy press suggesting that the slimeballs from DC or Chicago would be chancellor and it turned out to be crap. I pledged if de Blasio were to appoint Kaya Henderson chancellor that I'd make a video burning my UFT de Blasio t-shirt. I'm pretty sure that won't be necessary.


But the man is not mayor yet, and he hasn't done anything whatsoever. I think it's fair to at