Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12-31-13teacherken at Daily Kos: Eugene Robinson on Unemployment benefits, the cruelest cut of all

Daily Kos: Eugene Robinson on Unemployment benefits, the cruelest cut of all:



Has the Republican big tent evolved into a house of worship?
That is the opening line of The GOP’s Darwinism, a Washington Post column by Dana Milbank that went up online a few hours ago. Milbank examines survey data that shows the Republicans becoming more White, more Evangelical Christian, older, and less likely to believe in evolution than even a few years ago. You can read the data.  On evolution, what is important to note is that the overall views of t

Eugene Robinson on Unemployment benefits, the cruelest cut of all
He begins by saying to the 1.3 Million who as of Saturday had lost their long-term unemployment benefits: The Republican Party wishes you a Very Unhappy New Year! He say there is no rational reason reason for the cutoff:   On both economic and moral grounds, extending benefits for the long-term unemployed should have received an automatic, bipartisan vote in both houses of Congress. The economic g
something new at age 67
Tonight I did something I have never done before I took a yoga class. It was level 1. It was vinyasa flow. Most of the students had some experience, some a fair amount. Because I was concerned about cramps, I had drunk a lot of water - which meant I was sweating all over myself and my mat. Turns out that was the only real problem. Oh, I had to stop a couple of times.  I decided as a newbie I was n

12-29-13teacherken at Daily Kos: Brothers and Sisters at Daily Kos - an Orthodox Wedding
Daily Kos: Brothers and Sisters at Daily Kos - an Orthodox Wedding: Brothers and Sisters at Daily Kos - an Orthodox WeddingbyteacherkenFollow    Email  7 Comments / 7 NewYes, I know my last name is Bernstein28 years ago today Leaves on the Current and I got married in an Orthodox Wedding.It was a Sunday afternoon.It was not an Orthodox synagogue, because I was not religiously Jewish.It was at St.