Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 1, 2013

Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Documents | deutsch29

Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Documents | deutsch29:

Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Documents

November 1, 2013

There is more to a website than the information accessed by clicking its active links. This I learned years ago in my dealings with statistics software that utilizes both windows and code.
Armed with such knowledge, yesterday I spent six hours combing the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) website searching for useful information “hidden in plain sight,” so to speak.
My hours on the LDOE site yielded some informative finds. In the reformer-touted spirit of “transparency,” I would like to share in this post what amounts to a small library of 95 LDOE documents.
This post is not the result of my hacking into LDOE. For none of these files was I asked to provide a password.
As for the 95 files below, I spent an additional six hours converting and cataloguing. I saved all of the files to my blog. Thus, access is no longer LDOE-dependent.
Some of these files might be publicly available elsewhere. Given the tight rein White has on all information LDOE, I think that much of what I share here has not been made public until now.
I considered waiting to publicize the files until I was able to write about each; however, I thought it better to offer the information freely to any who wishes to read them.  Also,