Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's time to show our appreciation for our education support professionals | Lily's Blackboard

It's time to show our appreciation for our education support professionals | Lily's Blackboard:


Lily's Blackboard Rotating Header Image


Flowers for Margaret


I always started my day at Orchard Elementary checking my mailbox in the school office for any memos, flyers, notes,  you-name-it. I ended my day the same way.
Looking back now, I remember that Margaret, our school secretary, was already at her desk greeting students, parents and us by the time I got there. I remember, now that I think of it, that Margaret was still there when I passed by my mailbox on my way out the door. And I prided myself that I got to school pretty early and usually left hours after the kids went home. But Margaret did, too.
One morning, I saw flowers on her desk. A large bouquet with a card still attached. I smiled. “Is it your birthday, Margaret?” I asked.
She smiled back, looking a little embarrassed. “Well, no,” she said. “It’s the strangest thing. I was heading home yesterday, and when I got to the parking lot, I noticed one of our kindergarteners standing on the sidewalk. Well,