Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 10, 2013

11-10-13 Schools Matter

Schools Matter:





Teachers and Parents Organize Against High Stakes Corporate Control in Knoxville
For those unfamiliar with the all-in corporate takeover of Tennessee public schools, here is a short list of readings to catch up:Schools Matter: Tennessee's Milken Plan for Teacher Evaluation ...www.schoolsmatter.info/2011/.../tennessees-milken-plan-for-teacher.htm...‎Nov 2, 2011 - Someone asking questions about Tennessee's off-the-Milken-shelfteacher evaluation plan? Teachers occupying their sch


Grinding Rogues Honest
This is not about our public school system.  But, as I see it, this is what I want to find in our public school system.When I was in high school I got a speech once from the basketball coach intended to teach me a life lesson.  I imagine I was goofing around rather than applying myself with absolute discipline and determination to the task at hand of jumping in place or over a bench or something o


11-9-13 Schools Matter All Week
Schools Matter:  Schools Matter All WeekTea Party School Bus Hijack, Muncie, Indianaby Doug Martin While Douglas Storm and I were exposing the corporate assault on our schools on WFHB radio on Eugene V. Debs’ birthday during the Zinn Read-In at Purdue, Tea Party front men were spreading misinformation in Muncie, Indiana, which stopped a property tax referendum vote from passing, leaving public sch