Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Diane in the Evening 9-17-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all

Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all:




Jose Vilson Reviews “Reign of Error”
Jose Vilson wins the prize for the best, most original title of a review of “Reign of Error.” Sort of like that phone company where the guy moves to a new spot and says “Can you hear me now?” Only the language is saltier. Jose knows I curse in private, not in public. Or it might be “I’m mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take it anymore!” Did you hear me now?

Steve Strieker Reviews “Reign of Error”
Steve Streiker is a teacher and a proud union member who lives in Janesville, Wisconsin. He has felt the brunt of “reform,” where teachers, unions, and public education are the targets. Here is his review of “Reign of Error.” He writes: “Today, Ravitch’s much-anticipated new book, Reign of Error, hits Kindles, Nooks, mailboxes, libraries, schools, and bookstores across the country. While the titl


LISTEN TO DIANE RAVITCH 9-17-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all
Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all: Today Is the Day: “Reign of Error” Is Available!Maybe you have not been anticipating this day as much as I have. But I can tell you as an author that waiting for “pub date” is excruciating. It seems like forever between the time you make the final edit and the actual appearance of the book. I finished about June 1. And now, three a