Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8-27-13 SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE

SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE:

gears




Too hot for our babies in Chicago, amateurism in #CPS continues
In just two days of teaching Kindergarteners in 90 degree heat, it would be unimaginable for me, at the very least, to work in the summer without air conditioning, like students and teachers this week did in Chicago.  Yes. I get it. I’m sure you trudged five miles in the snow, or ten miles in […]

Obama’s Failed Hope and Change: “Forget the politicians. They are irrelevant” | the becoming radical
About three decades later, I joined the majority of voters in the U.S., electing the first bi-racial (often called simply African American) president in the country’s history. At the time, however, I voted for Barack Obama primarily because I believed his election was an important symbolic moment for the U.S.; I did not buy his […]

8-26-13 Schools Matter @ The Chalk Face
SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE: Michelle Rhee: A Teacher’s Best FriendWhat makes a really good friend?  The listening? The understanding?  Always being there for you?  Well, if you are a teacher, Michelle Rhee wants to be your friend.  To prove it, she’s personally inviting you to her upcoming Teacher Town Halls, where you and Michelle (and two of her other friends) can have “an open […]28 by Kri