Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Louisiana Education Updates – as of 8/14/2013 | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

Louisiana Education Updates – as of 8/14/2013 | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:

Louisiana Education Updates – as of 8/14/2013

Posted on August 14, 2013
I know it’s been a while since I posted anything substantial (I hope you all didn’t miss me too much) but that is not because nothing substantial has been taking place. If anything, the activities, news items and scandals have only been increasing far beyond the normal frequency – which has made it difficult to decide exactly which article to pursue and document first. All of the these topics are important, current, pertinent and need to be covered in greater detail than I will address in this update. However I need a place to start and I would really appreciate any help anyone might care to provide. I narrowed the scope of my blog recently to mostly just education issues, and primarily Louisiana specific education issues, but still I find myself having trouble keeping up with everything that needs to be addressed in a complete and timely manner. This is where you can help. I do not make money off the blog and have a separate full time job and family just as all of you. Nevertheless these are stories and issues that are of concern to us all and need to be more fully addressed outside of our local and national media. If you would like to help me explore some of these issues with research or writing please drop me a line at crazycrawfish@yahoo.com so we can work out the particulars. I will of course give you full attribution under your real name or pseudonym – as you prefer. You do not need to be currently running your own blog to apply nor do you have to be an insider in the Louisiana education arena – although some background or vested interest would certainly help. I will be happy to provide editing, polishing and proofreading – if necessary and would be happy to include audio clips, video entries and pictures of your choosing (so long as they pass my relatively lax standards of decency.)
It appears LDOE and the reform movement is trying to swamp us with their superior state funded