Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

“I See Bad Teachers…” | EduShyster

“I See Bad Teachers…” | EduShyster:

“I See Bad Teachers…”

“I see bad teachers…. Walking around like excellent teachers….”
Reader: when viewing the latest blockbuster at my local megaplex, I often find myself wondering whether the director of said film has any ideas for reforming our failed and failing public schools. That’s why I was so pleased to learn that M. Night Shyamalan, maker of such hit films as the Sixth SenseSigns and The Last Airbender, has embarked on a Titanic-sized project: closing the achievement gap
Getting Schooled
Next month, Shyamalan, whose last movie you almost certainly didn’t see, will release a book with the unlikely title of “I Got Schooled: The Unlikely Story of How a Moonlighting Movie Maker Learned the Five Keys to Closing America’s Education Gap.”
 But