Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8-21-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:











 Jumping All Over Paul Krugman on Common Core
Is it my fault that the other day I challenged Krugman to bring his sensible analysis to education issues (Howler Howls at Krugman and Press Corps)? I compared him so favorably to his  nincompoop NY Times fellow columnists Brooks and Kristof? Ooops! Krugman must have heard me, but his sensibility deserted him.The blogging crew is out in full force, leaving me nothing much to say - other than a mes

Here Comes Student Ratings of Teachers (Grades 3-12) as Part of Teacher Eval
I personally wouldn't mind having students tell me what they think -- it would sensitize me to their point of view. But do it this way? No way.Leonie sent this hot potato along. I have a real problem with any [very expensive] survey like this that does not control for the factor of class size.  I have emailed Ferguson in the past  -- the Harvard prof who developed this survey -- with no response.T
8-20-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: MORE Weekly Update: Come to our summer series on building an active UFT chapter in your school... come to our Summer Series event on August 22nd at Local 138,and our newly redesigned website at morecaucusnyc.org View this email in your browser Weekly Update #64 August 23, 2013 Share Tweet Forward to Friend Join MORE Today MARCH ON WASHINGTONRealize the DreamSat, 8/24 COMMITTEES:Hi