Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The in box. Peter Kuttner’s Richard Mell moment. | Fred Klonsky

The in box. Peter Kuttner’s Richard Mell moment. | Fred Klonsky:


Pearl Mack. IEA Retired.

JULY 6, 2013
Pearl

The in box. Peter Kuttner’s Richard Mell moment.

JULY 6, 2013



Fred,
In my Richard Mell moment, no one calls him an “asshole politician”, he just acts like one.
I also lived in his 33rd Ward and was working for Washington at Lathrop Homes, the low-rise public housing project down the street from my house. We knew there were lots of votes for Harold there. So did Mell. I was in the polling place when he was making his rounds, checking in with his precinct workers. I was old enough to remember the mayor before the first Daley, and was used to the well-oiled Machine delivering impressive vote totals for their guy. But