Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Missouri Education Watchdog: Common Core Tests, FOIAs and Is This the Education You Want for Your Children?

Missouri Education Watchdog: Common Core Tests, FOIAs and Is This the Education You Want for Your Children?:

Common Core Tests, FOIAs and Is This the Education You Want for Your Children?

Reprinted with permission.  Parents take note and take action:





          Common Core Tests
          How are children are being “Dumbed down”
                                                By Jessica Chiong


          Recently I requested through an FOI (Freedom of Information Act) to have access to see my Children’s “Secured” tests that are not sent home and are adopted through the CC Standards. A couple days ago I was able to see two of my three children tests. I have a kindergarten, first grade and second grade children. The tests I saw were Kindergarten and First grade. I will start with Kindergarten.

          In Kindergarten in just homework alone, I have seen her come home with adding and subtracting, reading and writing, shapes and comprehension. I am fortunate that my daughter is a quick learner and has had no problems with homework in fact she is ahead of most students. But 75% of her classroom is not so lucky and some of them did not know how to use a pencil, speak English among other things. In the Comprehension tests (with prompting and support) she had to