Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Daily Kos: 67

Daily Kos: 67:


67

a bit more than 2/3 of a century, otherwise not a particularly significant number.
Or even a significant age.
Except as of Midnight, that is how old I am.
Another year gone by, another year  begun.
Having spent much of this past year "retired" I have had more time than in the past to reflect, to wonder, to wander, to read, to listen to music, to let cats crawl all over me.
I have experienced the immediate fears we both felt when my wife was first informed about her cancer - which the original belief was a metastatic organ cancer.  We have adjusted to the reality that even the far more treatable blood cancer represents to both of us.
More than anything else, at least since January 27, that has been the dominant thing in my life.
But now?