Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Illinois teachers jam Capitol for pension rights. « Notes From The We Are One Rally

Illinois teachers jam Capitol for pension rights. « Fred Klonsky:


Illinois teachers jam Capitol for pension rights.

Park Ridge Education Association. IMG_0002 Tough getting everybody in. IMG_0006 IMG_0007 IMG_0008 IMG_0011 IMG_0013 IMG_0014 IEA President Cinda Klickna. IMG_0019 

Notes From The We Are One Rally

Ok enough of Elaine Nekritz already!

Take, Ye, These Workers' Pensions
Except to say that I completely forgot there's a statue of her in the Rotunda. There she stands, giving away the pensions to the Civic Committee, and ushering an era of less is less for the new mobile workforce. It's really quite lovely, the statue.

Anyway, it was a good turnout today at the Capitol. Kudos to the Coalition for putting it together. I hope tomorrow's even better-- but as for me I'll be riding that lonely train back up to Big Shoulders.

Ok that was random but it's staying in.

Anyway, I put my camera down and just took in the rally. I'm a lousy photographer in good light, and the Capitol is like a tomb. And the people speaking were basically in silhouette. Feisty ralliers, those retirees, I'll