Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Obama and The Boss in Madison, Wisconsin : blue cheddar

Obama and The Boss in Madison, Wisconsin : blue cheddar:


Obama and The Boss in Madison, Wisconsin

November 6, 2012
By 
Share

Image from brucespringsteen.net


What Bruce Springsteen said in Madison:
“Let me begin with a shout out to all of our neighbors in the Northeast who are reeling from Hurricane Sandy and its immense impact. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
So, it’s good to be here with you today–and it will be great to feel the power of your votes and voices tomorrow.
I’m here today for Wisconsin, America, and for President Obama. For the last 30 years I’ve been writing in my music about the distance between the American dream and American reality. I’ve seen it from inside and outside: as a blue collar kid from a working class home in New Jersey–where my parents struggled, often unsuccessfully–to make ends meet–to my adult life, visiting the 9th Ward in New Orleans after Katrina, or