Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Daily Kos: Saturday Morning reflection on reflection and living

Daily Kos: Saturday Morning reflection on reflection and living:


Saturday Morning reflection on reflection and living

I have always been a reflective person.  Starting in pre-adolescence I used to carry notebooks around and jot down observations, thoughts, perceptions.  I would "think aloud' on paper.  I would step back from what i was doing and try to understand it, and would apply the same technique to things around me as well.
For almost a decade, blogging in various forms has taken the place of those notebooks, although a few months ago, as the results of a chance encounter, I found myself again carrying small notebooks and periodically writing in them instead of online.
During my time here it was not unusual that on a Saturday morning in particular I would offer some sort of reflection - on observations about the world around me, about my experiences in the classroom.
I have appreciated the feedback I have received, and the willingness of the members of this community to click on my posts and at least take a glance at what might be above the fold.
So today what I propose to do is to reflect upon reflection.  If that does not interest you, so be it.  If you might at least be curious, please continue below.


to further encourage you to see "Lincoln"

about which I wrote early this morning in this post after returning from seeing the film,  I want to share something with you.
Slate has put together an array of photos of the real characters and the actors and actresses who portray them in the film.
You can see that here
Thought it worth a separate posting.