Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Creating The Conditions: Instructional Leadership | Connected Principals

Creating The Conditions: Instructional Leadership | Connected Principals:


Creating The Conditions: Instructional Leadership

cc licensed ( BY NC SA ) flickr photo by anna_t: http://flickr.com/photos/anna/204267895/
Cross-posted at “The Wejr Board Blog”. This is the 3rd part in the “Creating the Conditions” series; Part 1 was on Student Discipline, Part 2 was on Love of Reading.
I recently had the honour to present in the Leadership 2.0 MOOC series (in which I am learning alongside others) on “Providing Instructional Leadership” (To view the archive of the presentation click here - you can also view the slide embedded below).  When George Couros asked me to be part of this, I looked over the sessions and chose Instructional Leadership not because I am an expert on this topic but more because this is the area of current focus for me as an educational leader and this would be a way to learn from others.  I figured doing this would