Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Taxpayers’ watchdogs give me a massive raise. Where’s my 80%?. « Fred Klonsky

Ten minute drawing. Jonathan Kozol. « Fred Klonsky:


Taxpayers’ watchdogs give me a massive raise. Where’s my 80%?

According to a self-described Park Ridge taxpayers’ watchdog organization, I’m living the life of Bill Gates.
Okay. Not quite.
But responding to what they call my roasting of Park Ridge board of education member Anthony Borelli, they did give me quite a raise in my teacher retirement pension.
See, Borelli is their hero because he voted against a pay raise for teachers. He campaigned for the board position promising to vote against ANY pay raise for teachers.

Only Borrelli and Uhlig voiced any concerns about the taxpayers, which promptly got Borrelli barbecued  by retired D-64 teacher and PREA activist Fred 



Ten minute drawing. Jonathan Kozol.



Click on drawing to enlarge.