Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 22, 2012

School Tech Connect: What I Learned From My Google Class

School Tech Connect: What I Learned From My Google Class:


What I Learned From My Google Class

This is a pretty good summary of the Google Power Search course, which was so intensely boring I couldn't complete it. I knew many of these things from Twitter, of course. The one thing that the Google Power Search course has reaffirmed for me is that a flipped classroom can be just as deadly as a non-flipped classroom. If you want to take the Google Power Search course, my advice would be to just read the summary I've linked to and then Google any further details you might be interested in.

It's funny how learning is. I'm lulled into a near-coma by some things--- say, for example, this recent Google Power Search class-- and I work in technology. But other things--- say, for example, an American History course I once took at Harper College in Palatine (which was taught with a whiteboard, a spiral-bound collection of readings, and class discussion)--stay with me decades later. I once took an online ancient history course at