Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

School programs that work in Seattle and beyond or why we don’t need charter schools in the state of Washington | Seattle Education

School programs that work in Seattle and beyond or why we don’t need charter schools in the state of Washington | Seattle Education:


School programs that work in Seattle and beyond or why we don’t need charter schools in the state of Washington

Someone asked me yesterday about programs that have been successful in Seattle in terms of meeting their goals and having an established track record. I quickly named off the top of my head schools that I could think of and sent the e-mail.
When I arrived in Seattle I was impressed with the programs that Seattle had to offer all students. I refer to them as the gems in the Seattle Public Schools system and they are available to all.
I decided to post the list and everyone in our state is welcomed to add to this list.
This was my response:
In Tacoma there is the School of the Arts (SOTA), the Science and Math Institute (SAMI) and Lincoln Center, an