Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pensions. No, not ours. « Fred Klonsky

Pensions. No, not ours. « Fred Klonsky:


Pensions. No, not ours.

From a reader:
I must have just crawled out from under a rock because I may be the last to know this.
 I was talking to Nadia BlancDaley, who is a friend and who is running for Kane County Board. I brought up the fact that if she is elected AND State Senator Chris Lauzen are elected Chairman of the County Board, the two of them will serve on the same board! I was also wondering why Senator Lauzen would jump ship and go for a County Board position?! She said that Lauzen has vested 20 years into the “senator” pension and the County Board is a DIFFERENT pension…that’s why.
SO, WAIT A MINUTE…AREN’T THESE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO STEAL OUR TEACHER PENSIONS???? Whoa….
Representative Tim Schmitz is a Republican state rep from Batavia. Our reader reports